Monday, April 16, 2012

Pretty Blue Glass Windowsill Project-Quick, Cheap and Easy

Do you ever look at something everyday and tell yourself you're going to fix it up or do something with it someday? I did that everyday with my kitchen windowsill. Something about the splotchy paint job, water stains and general untidiness made me "itch."


Trust me, I did NOT capture the true grunginess of this area. Even my beloved blue glass and house plants didn't do the trick. I stand here a dozen times a day and each time I would tell myself I would fix it up. Well, today I checked the clock and figured I could spare an hour for a little project to make this pretty.


 Ooooh aaaah! I like this alot! 

Now the unending Oregon spring rain isn't the only thing to look at from this window.


 Nice!
 I cut a piece of burlap to fit the space and took the glass bits out of the tall vase I had there originally. I hot glued the half marbles and sea glass and random glass pieces to the burlap then used a heat gun to tidy up all the wisps and strands.


Now when I am at my kitchen sink this area no longer annoys me. It actually makes me smile.


And the Welding Man put a shelf higher up in the window casing for more of my cobalt blue glass. This color soothes me and gives me a peaceful feeling, so the Welding Man, who is a survivor, puts up shelves where and when I want them. He is a smart (and nice) guy!

So, a wee bit of time and effort and no new cost at all, and I've added beauty and practicality to my kitchen. Gotta love that! What about you, do you have a small project that you could do quickly and cheaply that would lift your spirits everyday? Just do it!

I'll be adding this to the blog party links on my sidebar. Come visit and even join in the fun!

3 comments:

  1. I love it! My moma has hers on a shelf very similar and when the sunlight hits it, nothing prettier.
    Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  2. The window sill looks great and that's very good advice for us all! ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue is my favourite colour. You give such nice things pretty blue glass window project. Its look great in sunlight. Its too good.

    promotional mugs

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read every one. They let me know if I'm on a good track with my blog. Thanks for stopping by!

Book Page Christmas DIY

Most of you have figured out I am a color freak with an obsession  for turquoise, red and cobalt blue.  However, I also obsess about ...